Prepare for the journey
It is important to prepare yourself and your materials when you are applying to any position. Each application packet you submit should be customized to that specific opportunity and what they’re looking for in an applicant. Select from the topics below to learn more and seek guidance.
- Cover letter
Submit your materials online at any time! We review resumes, cover letters, CV's and other application materials. You will get feedback emailed to you within 5 business days. Just make sure to list "Communications and Media" or "Arts, Design, and Performance" as your career interest community. For more precise feedback, send us the link to the job or internship to which you are applying.
Explore your future
What can I do with this major?
Have you ever asked yourself, “What can I do with this major?” Your degree prepares you for more jobs than you can imagine. Use the What can I do with this major? website to learn more about what you can do with your major.
Want to learn more about your career field? Search the Job Market Insights to find data on your job-field. Look at Industry Overview Packets to find resume examples, ASU clubs, professional organizations, blogs and job boards specific to your major or career interests!
Career Interest Communities
Your major is just one piece of the puzzle! Click the options below to learn more about each career interest area such as job-lists, upcoming events, industry trends, and more.
- Arts, Design, and Performance
- Communications and Media
- Health and Wellness
- Public, Social, and Human Services
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Sustainability, Environmental and Natural Resources
- Still exploring?
- Track your job or internship search with a customizable job search database. You can copy this to your own Google Drive to track applications, brainstorm keywords and filters, and find job boards and networking sites specific to your industry.
- Learn how to ask for letters of recommendation from faculty and staff who can speak to your unique skills and competencies.
Transition to the next step
What tools and resources might be helpful as I prepare for my next big thing?