Welcome transfer students!
Your success is important to us! We recommend you complete the checklists below before you begin classes. This will help you feel prepared and ready to transition into ASU. Although not required, completing these items before starting classes will help you avoid some common issues.
Step 1: Prepare for registration
- Enroll in and complete the Herberger transfer - Welcome in Canvas.
- Self enroll in the Canvas course (and follow the instructions to enroll and enter the course).
- You do not need to complete the whole course in one sitting. You can find the course again by clicking the Canvas link on the top left of your My ASU page.
- This course has three modules of content to help you succeed:
- Module 1 - Welcome.
- Module 2 - Tutorials and resources (review transferred credits and/or submit courses for transfer evaluation, the academic calendar, class registration instructions, and more resources).
- Module 3 - Connect with academic advising.
On your My ASU page, review the priority task list regularly (new tasks pop up occasionally).
Submit any additional or future transfer courses for evaluation by sending in new/updated official transcripts to the ASU admissions office.
After completing the Herberger Transfer - Welcome, connect with an academic advisor for your major (viewable on your My ASU page) to:
- Determine your math class at ASU (take math placement if applicable).
- Determine your English class at ASU.
- Register for your first semester classes.
Step 2: Plan for success
- Contact and finalize Financial Services.
- Upload photo ID.
- Use an academic planner or calendar tool to stay organized.
All done? Congratulations!
You have completed the steps that will help you have a smooth transition to becoming a Herberger Institute student. We look forward to working with you!